Families, couples and friends seeking the ultimate winter adventure this year can visit ostriches in the mountains, take a snowmobile to lunch table or live their Hollywood dream on the red carpet at Gstaad Palace.
The renowned fairy tale, castle tucked among the rolling snowy hills of the Bernese Oberland, will open on 20th December 2019 with a myriad of new offers and highlights, including:
- Seven luxurious new rooms redesigned by British-born interiors expert, Marina Nickels, incorporating light but warming tones of blue and gold combined with Alpine woods, adding a festive hue to the hotel’s stylishly cosy home-away-from-home feel.
- The ultimate Alpine wellness journey has been curated by experts at the sumptuous Palace Spa, with a new Cellgym experience harnessing the health and fitness benefits of a low-oxygen, high-altitude environment on the body’s cells, as well as an indulgent Alpine Glow massage and body scrub treatment using organic, locally-sourced herbs, honeys and salts.
- A glittering ‘nuit des stars’ New Year’s Eve extravaganza transporting guests to a festive world of glitz and glam, Oscars and red carpets. The night will include cocktails and canapes at the GreenGo nightclub – recognisable by film fanatics as the setting for The Return of the Pink Panther – before a movie-themed gala dinner and dancing to ring in 2020 in style.
- The chance to enjoy dinner with world-famous classical music artists as part of the hotel’s exclusive package in collaboration with Gstaad’s famous Sommets Musicaux festival (31 January – 8 February 2020), including three nights’ luxurious accommodation, concert tickets for two and an after-show gourmet supper with the artists back at the hotel, all available from CHF 1,869 / approx. £1,526.
- Exclusive tours of the recently launched Gstaad ostrich farm to witness these elegant birds in an unusually snowy home. Founders Christian and Christa Hefti-Lee are now welcoming animal-lovers to meet the ostriches and learn how they have so naturally adapted to their mountainous environment, as well as discover some excellent recipes for traditional regional dishes using ostrich eggs and even enjoy a warming tipple made from ostrich egg liqueur.
The 5* Gstaad Palace opened its doors for the first time in 1913 and is now owned by the third generation of the Scherz family, making it one of the last family-run luxury hotels in Europe and continuing to provide a first-class culture of hospitality to its VIP visitors.
Its 90 rooms and suites provide exceptional panoramic views out over the Bernese Oberland and skilfully combine elegant contemporary design with Alpine cosiness. When it comes to dining, guests can indulge in beautifully prepared traditional fare across the hotel’s five restaurants – including the decadent Champagne & truffle fondue served in the underground La Fromagerie, open only in the winter months – which together hold 15 Gault Millau points.
Gstaad Palace will open for the winter season from 20th December 2019 – 8th March 2020. Rooms are available from 500 CHF / £384 per night based on double occupancy on a half board basis.