From 12th April 2021, North Yorkshire’s superlative country house hotel will be offering three outstanding outdoor dining options, as well as soothing spa treatments.
Grantley Hall recently launched its ‘new look’ alfresco dining programme and opened the doors to the Three Graces Spa and ELITE Gym*, ahead of the property’s full reopening on 17th May. After months of relentless cooking, zoom calls and home-schooling, guests can look forward to relaxing and enjoying a meal on one of Grantley Hall’s picturesque terraces and treating themselves to an invigorating spa treatment.
*in line with current UK government guidelines regarding the phased reopening of hospitality
Following the popularity of the Norton Courtyard and the EightyEight Terrace, Grantley Hall has extended its outdoor dining offering with the addition of a stylish new alfresco dining space, The Orchard (opened 7th May). Each space is covered and heated and offers a different view of the hotel’s gorgeous grounds and formal gardens, set against the backdrop of the rolling countryside and Yorkshire Dales. Alfresco dining at Grantley Hall can be pre-booked here via their website, emailing email@example.com or calling: +44(0)01765 620070.
The Orchard is set to make a splash on the local outdoors dining scene with the installation of a vintage Airstream taking centre stage, creating a stylish laid-back summer atmosphere where guests will be able to enjoy all day drinking and dining or a cup of Yorkshire tea accompanied by a slice of delicious cake. Framed by a beautiful sailcloth marquee, diners can look forward to tucking into a selection of creative summer dishes including hot spiced crispy chicken salad with black fig, cucumber, honey and mango or warm salad of chargrilled sirloin steak, harissa, black quinoa with spring onions and enoki mushrooms. The menus are perfect for sharing with friends whilst enjoying a choice of seasonal cocktails and fine wines. Located on the West Terrace with views of the West Lawn towards the River Skell, The Orchard will be open from 7th May (open daily from midday until 11pm).
The EightyEight Terrace has been revamped for spring. Located next to the serene English Heritage-listed Japanese Garden, the terrace is open from: Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 5pm to 9pm – bar open until 11pm and Friday and Sunday from 12pm to 9pm – bar open until 11pm. Diners can look forward to the vibrant Pan Asian menu that has made Bar & Restaurant EightyEight a popular local hot spot. The creative dishes offer a unique fusion of local Yorkshire produce and Far Eastern flavours, and guests can look forward to signature specialities such as slow braised rare breed pork, Tokyo turnip, curried greens, chilli oil; miso glazed sea trout, sesame greens, crispy fried potato, nori butter shrimp and Korean fried cauliflower, chive aioli . The choice of innovative cocktails is equally as tantalising including a Princess Momoko featuring award-winning Yorkshire gin at its base, floral jasmine, sweet peach and yuzu sake which create a light and delicate balance of flavours.
The Norton Courtyard is open every day from 12pm to 9pm for lunch and dinner – with the bar staying open till 11pm- offering a British bistro-style menu showcasing seasonal local delicacies from the surrounding Yorkshire countryside. Signature dishes include smoked salmon and Whitby crab, oak smoked salmon, fennel & dressed cab, dill lemon cream; Waterford Farm pork fillet & belly, choucroute garnie, young turnips, pork jus; Grantley Fish ‘n’ chips, Black Sheep beer batter, caramelised lemon, pommes pont neuf, crushed peas and warm dark chocolate tart, 70% grand cru chocolate, chocolate dentelle, milk ice cream. There is a tempting choice of delicious cocktails to enjoy including a signature gin and tonic with botanicals from the Grantley Hall kitchen garden, garnished with rosemary, dill, and edible flowers.
Please note that table bookings will be based on the rule of six or two-households in accordance with current Covid guidelines.
Recharge after the long winter with an invigorating treatment from highly-esteemed spa brands ila or Natura Bissé in the tranquil surroundings of The Three Graces Spa – now open.
The Three Graces Spa is offering half day spa packages during this period which include a 60-minute spa treatment and access to the 18-metre indoor swimming pool and indoor-to-outdoor hydrotherapy pool. (Please note that the thermal facilities and Three Graces Spa Lounge will not be operating during this time in accordance with government guidelines.)
Guests can choose from the following restorative 60-minute treatments:
- D-Stress: A luxurious oxygen therapy for face and back that detoxifies and hydrates targeted areas while relaxing for a complete sense of wellbeing
- Recovery: Soothe irritated skin and reduce face and back inflammation with this exceptional recovery treatment for damaged or hypersensitive skin
- Recharge: Recharge your skin with the antioxidant benefits of pure vitamin C. An infusion of anti-oxidant benefits and a true sensory therapy for face and back
- Mother-to-be by ila: Blackcurrant seeds offer a gentle exfoliation, along with an indulgent massage oil infused with Rosehip, Lavender, Geranium and Rose to replenish dry skin. This hydrates dry skin and supports in the fight against stretch marks. Himalayan salt poultices soothe tired muscles and bones, and relieves excess fluid. Peace and harmony surrounds mother and baby. An optional body scrub stimulates the lymphatic and circulatory system
- Amethyst Ritual: Begin with a full body scrub containing Pearl and Jasmine, followed by a smooth gel wrap containing Amethyst to improve inner strength while boosting skin cell regeneration. Finally, a full body massage using Jade Body Cream will leave you relaxed and your wellbeing boosted
- Diamond Rose Massage: This Diamond Rose Experience includes an exquisite ultra nourishing antioxidant rich full body massage after having followed the Diamond Rose exfoliation. This treatment is extremely restorative, providing a light protecting veil, improving skin elasticity and suppleness. Leaving you enveloped in a luxurious floral fragrance and wonderful sense of wellbeing
The Three Graces Spa Experiences start from £195 per person and are available Wednesday to Sunday, choosing from a morning or afternoon slot (10am to 1.30pm or 2.30pm to 6pm).
Why not make a day of it by booking a post-treatment meal, choosing from one of Grantley Hall’s three outdoor dining outlets.
After months of gyms being closed, fitness enthusiasts will be raring to go and can book a day pass to Grantley Hall’s cutting edge Elite Gym from £95 per person including a cryotherapy treatment. The Elite Gym will operate daily from 7am to 6pm. To book email Three Graces Spa reception: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Grantley Hall, please contact the Mason Rose PR team: email@example.com